In this time of uncertainty, the Penner Farm Services Group has implemented precautionary measures to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and suppliers.
These measures include:
- Placing disinfecting stations around the building, requesting all patrons use them upon entry
- Asking staff to disinfect their work stations and high traffic areas twice per day, more often as necessary
- Offering a work from home option to anyone whose job allows, and has persons at home who are elderly or immune-suppressed
- Requesting that anyone who is symptomatic or feeling unwell take appropriate measures and self-isolate
- Limiting the capacity of our locations to respect social distancing boundaries
- Offering customers the option to call in orders to have them brought to their vehicle upon arrival
- Any Penner/Horizon hosted events now through April 10th have been canceled
- We have implemented a no-travel directive for our staff, until April 10th. If it is imperative anyone travel, it must be done so by road, not air
- Any meetings are encouraged to be conducted via phone or video conference. In a situation where it must be a face-to-face meeting, we are asking all parties to ensure social distancing is respected.
- Considerations for our Service Specialists and farms they visit are being implemented, please check back soon for further details
PFSG is working hard to ensure that we can protect our employees and continue uninterrupted service to our farming partners. We are taking our direction from Health Canada & Manitoba Health and will update our response to COVID-19 accordingly on a day to day basis. Please contact us in you have any questions or concerns, or if we can in any way assist you with our products or services.
– Penner Farm Services Group
COVID-19 tips for Farms
- Encourage all employees to practice social distancing, consider split shifts to further limit contact
- Reschedule in-person meetings for a later date or conduct your meeting via tele/video conferencing; if necessary to meet in person, respect the 6ft social distancing recommendation
- Ask visitors (veterinarians, sales reps, feed reps etc) to call prior to visiting to ensure they have not traveled or experienced symptoms in the last 14 days
- Limit or eliminate any contact with outside reps while they are on your farm to minimize potential transmission
- Disinfect surfaces any surfaces visitors have come in contact with, once they have left
- Have soap and/or disinfectant readily available around the farm, direct staff to use frequently
- Ask that any staff members who are symptomatic or have traveled recently self-quarantine
- Disinfect surfaces, especially metal, more frequently to avoid transmission
For more information specific to Farms with an emphasis on Hog Farms, please visit Pig333.